Basic checklist to check your backup and disaster recovery program:
- Are all critical data and systems backed up regularly and securely?
- Are the backups stored in a secure and offsite location?
- Are the backups tested periodically for data integrity and restoration capabilities?
- Does the disaster recovery plan include steps for restoring data and systems in a timely manner?
Basic checklist of questions to ask your vendors about third party risk:
- Do you have a documented security program and incident response plan?
- How do you identify and manage risks related to data privacy and security?
- Do you conduct regular security assessments and penetration testing?
- Are your employees trained on security awareness and incident response?
Basic checklist of questions to prepare for an ISO or SCO audit:
- Do you have a documented information security management system (ISMS)?
- Are all security policies and procedures documented and up-to-date?
- Have you conducted a risk assessment and developed a risk management plan?
- Do you have a process for continuous monitoring and improvement of security controls?
Basic check of questions to ask about your security posture:
- Do you have a security program in place, and is it documented and up-to-date?
- Have you conducted a vulnerability assessment and penetration testing?
- Are all security incidents logged, tracked, and resolved?
- Have you implemented multi-factor authentication, encryption, and other best practices to protect data and systems?